Adding a knowledge base to your existing WordPress site in order assist your visitors with information about your services/products is easier than you would think. You could use either a plugin or a theme to build a wiki knowledge base to train your clients/employees. A Knowledge base usually consists of helpful articles, extensive faqs, products/service documentations. A mixture of both free and premium, We have comprised a list of some of the best WordPress Knowledge Base Plugins around.
Very Simple Knowledge Base
As the name suggest, this plugin lets you create a simplistic knowledge base for your WordPress site. It uses your WordPress posts/pages. Just install and activate the plugin. And then start using the shortcode
- [knowledgebase-three]: For three Column Layout
- [knowledgebase]: For Four Column Layout
One of if not the best most intuitive WordPress FAQ plugin we have come across to set up an FAQ section on your site. Arconix works seamlessly with the provided animated, jQuery toggle or accordion box for your FAQS. For long FAQs, Arconix provides a checkbox that adds a “return to top” link at the bottom. Lets you display your FAQS individually, or in FAQ groups.
Another amazing WordPress FAQ plugin “Ultimate FAQ” allows you to create a responsive FAQ page for your site. Accordion and list styles are available for your FAQ style. Accordion style lets you display one answer on click while list style is for displaying answers by default. It provides a [submit-question] shortcode which lets your clients/customers add to your FAQ list. This shortcode enables your visitors to submit a question, and it even lets them propose an answer for it. One of the best WordPress FAQ plugin “Ultimate FAQ” provides
- FAQ posts with different categories.
- An Ajax based search form for better FAQ search functionalities.
- Make a PDF user manual by exporting all FAQs to a PDF file.
- Social Sharing.
One of the best WordPress Knowledge Base Plugin around Wp Knowledgebase provides a fast search feature with predictive text capability. Some of the more notable features of this plugin are
- Responsive and easy to set up.
- Sidebar widgets.
- Show comments on knowledgebase article.
- Drag and drop custom ordering for your articles.
KnB Lite – Knowledge Base / FAQ Plugin
Knb Lite comes with a shortcode generator that lets you display per category, order by title or date. This responsive WordPress Knowledge Base / FAQ Plugin allows you to controls visibility and layout options. Supports up to four columns KnB lets you customize the look to match with your theme look.
BWL Knowledge Base Manager(Premium:$23)
This Premium WordPress Knowledge Base Plugin comes with a host of features to justify its price-tag.
- 6 Custom Knowledge Base Layouts: Rounded Numeric List, Square Numeric List, Classic List Layout, Boxed List Layout, Accordion style, etc.
- Responsive 2/3/4 Column Based Grid Layout.
- Supports RTL & Compatible with WPML.
- Provides option to show related knowledge base questions.
- Provides a form to collect user suggested questions.
- Custom Widgets.
- Provides a pretty neat Ajax based searching.
- Categories and tags supported.
- Even provides a voting option to your visitors which allows you to collect data about the effectiveness and usefulness of your questions.
Custom shortcode editor and a robust customizability panel let you choose your own design. BWl is surely one of the best WordPress Knowledge Base Plugin around.
Another premium WordPress Knowledge Base plugin, “Alldocs” integrates with bbPress, this comes in very handy if you are planning to integrate your knowledge base with your forum. Upon integration with bbPress it allows you to load the latest topics in the knowledge base home view.It allows you to put restrictions on your knowledge base content based on user roles. Also provides a number of options to showcase your home knowledge base contents, latest documents, featured document stop rated documents, documents by categories, list of document tags etc. Lets your users to upvote and downvotes. Display your documents based on the number of positive votes.
Knowledge Base CPT
Upon installation and activation of CPT, you will see a Knowledge Base tab in your admin menu. This tab allows you to add documents/articles. Even if you change your theme your articles will be kept. The Apollo Theme was built by the same author of this plugin to work with CPT.
Knowledge Base | Helpdesk | Wiki WordPress Plugin
One of the oldest solution around.
- Drag & Drop reordering option for your Knowledge Base Posts and Categories.
- Translation ready.
- Breadcrumbs for category and single pages.
- Live Search utilities.
- Display categories as boxes or lists.
- You would be able to set up voting criteria from the back end of the plugin(Public or Member Only).
PKB Responsive Ajax Knowledge Base for WordPress (Premium)
- Ajax Live Search.
- Sort by date, title, views or number or votes without refreshing the page.
- Voting System.
- Responsive and provides support for custom templates.
- Lets clients to submit posts from the Frontend.
Let us know in the comment section which knowledge base plugin is you are using. We will update this list in future.